The IoT Week 2018 will be organized for 4 days, from 4th to 7th of June, with an extra day, June 8th, that will be reserved for cultural activities and interesting site visits.
Once again, the IoT Week conference will cover all important IoT-based topics, and the official programme will include:
– Plenary Sessions:
These sessions will give the floor to high quality keynote speeches and presentations, with very limited parallel activities or even without them.
– Thematic Sessions:
These sessions will address and discuss emerging technologies, topics and issues related to the IoT. The sessions will highlight emerging technologies, solutions and trends in the IoT landscape, as well as societal challenges, such as personal data protection and end-user adoption, as well as market, finance and industry 4.0. More informal sessions will be organized too, including thematic lunches and coffee sessions.
– IoT and SDG Sessions:
These sessions will follow up the International Declaration on IoT for Sustainable Development adopted in our last edition by presenting and discussing application domains for the IoT, with a focus on the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals with a multi-stakeholder approach.
both private and public workshops will be hosted in parallel of the main Program during the 4 days of the conference—
Once again, the IoT Week hackathon will challenge participants (developers and start-ups) to demonstrate their creativity and technical skills in developing innovative IoT solutions.
– GIoTS 2018:
The IoT Forum will host the IEEE endorsed Global IoT Summit, which will present scientific papers on the most recent IoT research results.
– Social events:
including a welcome reception, a gala dinner, as well as a private closing dinner for the key partners, sponsors and special guests.
The thematic sessions will encompass the following topics:
– IoT Standards and Interoperability
– IoT Market Perspectives
– Augmented Reality
– Cloud & Big Data
– IoT Large Scale Pilots
– IPv6, 5G and IoT Convergence
– IoT Disruptive Technologies
– Smart Agriculture
– Smart Environment
– Smart Grid and Energy Efficiency
– Smart Living and Ageing Well
– Smart Cities and Services
– Smart Buildings
– Smart Mobility
– Crowdsourcing and User Acceptance
– M2M and Smart Factory
– Web of Thing
– IoT Education and Culture
– GDPR & IoT
– Emerging Threats and Paradigm Shift
– Addressing Constrained Devices Security
– Privacy, Security & Ethics
– Drones and Privacy
– Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) Innovation
– A.I. and IoT for a sustainable future
– Big Data and A.I.
– IoT & A.I. for education
– IoT & A.I. for addressing poverty and hunger
– IoT & A.I. for health
– IoT & A.I. for the environment
– IoT and Food and Processing Industries
– IoT Market Perspectives
– IoT and new Business Models
– IoT Finance and Investment
– Industry 4.0 & Smart Factory
– IoT Start-ups: Accelerating Innovation and Market Penetration
– Start-ups Pitch Session
– IoT and Culinary Art
*The detailed conference program will be announced following the final decision of the program committee.